I released WikiDashboard almost three years ago. Believe it or not, the server for WikiDashboard has been running under my desk for three full years (the photo shows the actual server). It was launched in a rush to meet a deadline for an academic paper that we published at a conference (ACM SIGCHI 2008) and limited maintenance has been done so far.
The old Power Mac (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Mac_G5 ) has been pretty reliable but it is becoming increasingly untrustworthy lately. Frustrated with frequent crashes, hangs, and sluggishness, I finally decided to do something. As I’m migrating the tool out of the old machine, I’ve added a few new features. I hope you find it useful.
Faster and scalable infrastructure
The server is now running on Google App Engine. WikiDashboard is hosted as a web app on the same systems that power Google applications. WikDashboard should provide faster, reliable, and scalable service to you. I plan to keep the old server running for a bit but it will eventually forward the traffic to the new server.
Support ten more languages
Thank you to everyone who showed interest in having WikiDashboard in your own language version!
- English http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/enwiki
- Japanese (日本語) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/jawiki
- German (Deutsch) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/dewiki
- Spanish (Español) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/eswiki
- French (Français) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/frwiki
- Russian (Русский) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/ruwiki
- Italian (Italiano) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/itwiki
- Portuguese (Português) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/ptwiki
- Polish (Polski) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/plwiki
- Dutch (Nederlands) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/nlwiki
- Korean (한국어) http://wikidashboard.appspot.com/kowiki