This is the archive entry for our e-mail newsletter, PARC Innovations Update. [subscribe]
- Spotlight: Building an ecosystem to fulfill a novel technology’s promise
- Expert voices: Hosting a speaker series on novel electronics
- In the marketplace: Thinfilm & PARC working together to develop next-generation printed memory solutions
- On the road: Printed Electronics USA, Materials Research Society, more
- Engage with us…
Spotlight: Building an ecosystem to fulfill a novel technology’s promise
“Seizing the spaces” between technology opportunity, business opportunity, and market reality involves working together to come up with robust applications that are going to be more differentiating than inventing in isolation. The example of printed electronics (and its evolution at PARC) provides insights into moving a novel technology from concept to market. How does one move from establishing expertise and demonstrating feasibility, towards commercial impact? Share your comments.
Expert voices: Hosting a speaker series on novel electronics
The current PARC Forum speaker series on novel electronics includes: CEO of Thin Film Electronics Davor Sutija on printed memory systems; UC Berkeley EECS professor Vivek Subramanian on the confluence of printing and semiconductors; CTO of Polyera Corporation Antonio Facchetti on unconventional materials and processes for printed opto-electronics; PARC’s Ana Arias, who recently took part in the NAE’s U.S. Frontiers of Engineering symposium as 1 of the nation’s 86 brightest young engineers and was just elected to the board of directors of the Materials Research Society. Sign up for announcements or watch the talks online.
In the marketplace: Thinfilm & PARC working together to develop next-generation printed memory solutions
Combining Thinfilm’s memory products with PARC’s printed thin-film transistor technology and custom development services will allow the development of high-capacity, compact form-factor printed memory and enable integrated systems. Read the news release and/or watch the related PARC Forum talk.
On the road: Printed Electronics USA, Materials Research Society, more
- PARC will be presenting a case study on moving a novel temperature sensor from concept to manufacturing readiness with Soligie at the Printed Electronics USA conference and trade show (November 30-December 2 in Santa Clara, California). Visit us in Booth #47. More…
- PARC’s presence at this year’s Fall Meeting of the Materials Research Society (November 29-30 in Boston, Massachusetts) features invited talks, a symposium, and presentations by us on: organic solar cells; materials and sensors for biomedical applications; printed flexible batteries; microfluidics-based flow cytometry; printed flexible display and sensor applications; all-printed polymer photosensors; new PV co-polymers. More…
- PARC will be presenting at the special 10th anniversary Flexible Electronics and Displays Conference and Exhibition (February 7-10 in Phoenix, Arizona). More…
- PARC recently presented on prototyping flexible systems based on printed components at the Printed Electronics Asia conference (October in Hong Kong). Download presentation…
Engage with us!
To schedule an appointment with us at any of the above events, please contact us.